About the Association of EFT Professionals (AEFTP)
When Emotional Freedom Techniques exploded onto the scene in the late 1990’s no one could have predicted the trajectory it would take. In just 20 years, EFT has grown to be a well-respected, viable healing tool that is used by hundreds of thousands of people around the world! This rapid growth was due to the incredible efficacy of the protocol and the open-hand policy of EFT Founder Gary Craig, who generously made the technique available for everyone to learn.
But the successful and rapid growth of EFT, as in all things, is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, there are many people now effectively using and sharing EFT. You can learn a lot about EFT, also known as tapping, just by watching a few online videos or listening to recorded interviews through online summits. This has been wonderful in terms of helping people all over the world, but a challenge in distinguishing well-trained healthcare professionals adhering to standards of training & credentialing from those who do not. Because the field is wholly unregulated, it is very difficult for people seeking qualified practitioners to know the difference between a novice and a well-trained professional.
It is for this reason that the Association of Emotional Freedom Technique Professionals (AEFTP) was established in 2016. Because of the growing recognition and popularity of Emotional Freedom Techniques, more people are looking to incorporate this powerful healing tool into their existing professional practices or to become independent EFT practitioners themselves. To attain success and to be recognized for such an achievement, adequate training and standardized credentialing is necessary.
AEFTP makes it easy for you! By directing you to accessible, affordable, and quality online EFT certification training courses meeting AEFTP standards, you can quickly be on your way to becoming a competent EFT practitioner. Once your desired level of training is complete, AEFTP proudly offers membership opportunities so that the world will recognize your distinction as a highly qualified EFT practitioner.
One thing is for sure, EFT is a serious healing tool that is used to help people with very real ailments. And in situations like this, quality training is everything! Whether you’re suffering from PTSD, sexual abuse, bipolar disorder, anxiety, depression, phobias, addictions, and even autoimmune disorders, you want a well-trained professional in your corner. AEFTP strives to distinguish these practitioners, aiding those seeking to hire a true professional.
As the world changes, with its people moving towards more holistic & natural remedies to solve their problems, so does the way in which access to EFT training and credentialing must follow and adapt. AEFTP is riding that wave ahead of the curve, providing you with the means of achieving your goals in the healing arts while diligently maintaining high standards of proficiency and excellence.
The Association of EFT Professionals Code of Ethics
Among the many functions of the AEFTP is to provide a standard of ethical and moral behavior through which EFT practitioners can be easily recognized and clients can confidently place their trust behind. Establishing a successful EFT practice not only requires the capable application of the healing techniques of which it is comprised, it is also dependent upon the fundamental desire to provide healing, relief, and growth opportunities to clients. All AEFTP Members are required to sign a consent to abide by this established code of ethics.
- Be Caring. All AEFTP members agree to conduct themselves in a professional manner with the greatest level of care and purpose. The physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual welfare of your client is paramount.
- Be Objective. By remaining the Objective All-loving Observer, you provide a safe, non-judgemental, and unbiased environment for your client to freely express themselves regardless of race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, cultural beliefs, or disability.
- Act With Integrity. Be open and honest. Be forthcoming with your session costs, fees, and cancellation policies. Adequately convey the methodologies and procedures for conducting EFT with your clients. Don’t overpromise. Allow your client the opportunity to direct, stop, or otherwise leave the session without any pressure or repercussions.
- Maintain Confidentiality. All AEFTP members are tasked with upholding and respecting the privacy of their clients. Personal information or session content should only be shared with the direct consent of the client. Honor all contracts, guarantees, agreements, and consents – both written and verbal – made with your client. Only record EFT sessions with client consent.
- Be Knowledgeable. Earning an AEFTP certification carries the seal of approval that you are competent in your trade and can effectively administer the proper techniques. Know your limits and the scope of your practice. Refer or defer clients beyond your skillset to more qualified AEFTP members or medical professionals, especially in life-threatening situations.
- Be Lawfully Compliant. Understand and abide by federal, state, provincial, and local laws, especially those pertaining to owning and operating a holistic health practice. AEFTP cannot provide legal representation in case of a breach of the law. Unless officially licensed or authorized to do so, refrain from giving medical diagnoses or offering medical advice.
- Be Proud! Earning an AEFTP certification is a prestigious achievement! Display the AEFTP logo on your website with pride and conduct yourself in a confident & professionally affiliated manner with your clients. Uphold the reputation of being a Professional EFT Practitioner and an esteemed AEFTP member.
All potential breaches of this code of ethics by an AEFTP Member should be reported to email@example.com for thorough investigation.