Become a Member
Join the Association of EFT Professionals!
- Completion of EFT Practitioner Training Levels 1 and 2 from a professionally recognized or accredited training program. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your training program.
- Passing score of 80% or higher on the AEFTP online EFT proficiency exam. This is a timed 90-minute, 50-question exam to ensure sufficient fundamental knowledge of the tapping technique and how to successfully perform EFT with clients. Exam criteria will encompass classic EFT tapping points, identifying SUDS, and exploring core issues, as well as the understanding of techniques such as Tearless Trauma, Tell the Story, the Movie Technique, Touch and Breathe, and the Choices Method. The online exam is waived for those receiving their EFT training from the Center for EFT Studies.
- Submit evidence of having successfully completed a minimum of 12 individual EFT sessions with at least 6 different people within the past 12 months. These sessions can be in-person or Skype-based and can be either paying clients or those you have practiced with during your training. Session documentation is conveniently submitted using our Online Session Notes Form and consists of the session date, the initials of the client you worked with, and a brief description of the session results. For confirmation purposes, you will be asked to provide the first name, phone number, and email address of one client listed on the form. The session notes are waived for those receiving their EFT training from the Center for EFT Studies.
- A Skype-based, real-time, 30-minute interview with the AEFTP Executive Director or an AEFTP Board Member demonstrating your proficiency of EFT. This assessment will encompass the performance testing of the basic skills and techniques included in the online exam through a simulated practitioner/client environment. The online interview is waived for those receiving their EFT training from the Center for EFT Studies.
- Electronic signature of the AEFTP Code of Ethics.
Membership into the Association of EFT Professionals is open to all EFT practitioners who meet the minimum requirements. Our annual membership dues award you the right to remain on the AEFTP Practitioner Directory, along with all of the exclusive benefits listed below!
When you attain your AEFTP membership, you earn the distinction of using the AEFTP seal & credentialing letters for increased recognition, and you will also be granted exclusive marketing opportunities such as being listed on our advanced Practitioner Directory, and publicly displayed video business cards on our website to promote your business.
Displaying Member Credentials
AEFTP credentialing letters are displayed after the initials representing the practitioner’s level of EFT certification. For example, a Level 2 practitioner certified at the Center for EFT studies would display their name as follows:
John Smith, cEFT2, AEFTP
A Level 3 Master practitioner certified at the Center for EFT studies would display their name as follows:
John Smith, cEFT Master, AEFTP